2014. szeptember 13., szombat

POM #1 - Voltage inverter for brreadboards 1.

I was thinking a lot, how to start this series, to finish the design by end of the month for sure. Among the project in my head this is the simpliest one.
The job of this thing to invert the voltage (typically +5V) arriving to the breadboard, generating a -5V loadable with a few mA-s.
What this is good for? Frequently happening that I need analog circuitry - typically opamps - connected to my digital stuff. In addition, the single supply is not always enough for these (handling DC coupled analog input signal).
The circuit is built around the ICL7660 (LTC1044, LTC1046) and contains only two external components - two 10uF capacitors.
The design is finished. Even I tried it out.
Schematic design:
Built (On breadboard):


The picture requires some explanation. The DMM measures the voltage between incoming ~5VDC from USB and the output of the ICL7660. It would be good to show more values but unfortunately in this very moment I'm not really equipped with multimeters.

PCB design:


Cost structure:


The full material cost is around 2€, what doesn't look to much. In this time I'm intend to try out the Dirt Cheap PCB as manufacturer.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése